Permits and Applications

All permits and applications listed below are to be used for the unincorporated areas of the County (Townships). All permit and application forms listed below can be filled out on your computer. Print the permit or application once you have filled it out, sign and return it to the appropriate department of the Engineer's Office by fax or mail. Please note that permit forms that are filled out and returned to the Engineer's Office are not officially considered a permit until a permit number has been assigned to it and the Recommended By has been filled in and signed by the Lucas County Engineer's Office.

Permit Flyer - A list of permits

Construction Dept.

General Permit - This permit is for any work being done within the road right-of-way where other permits do not apply.

Stormwater Dept.

Permission to Connect - This permit is for permission to connect to roadside existing storm sewers.

Permission to Curb Cut - This permit is for permission to modify the existing curb for your proposed driveway.

Permission to Enclose - This permit is for permission to enclose a ditch or swale with drive access with a storm sewer. (You must have an access permit first before this permit can be issued).

Flood Hazard Development Permit - This permit is for permission to develop in the Flood Hazard Area (Floodplain)

Grading and Drainage Permit - This permit is for permission to begin any earth moving activity outside of a platted subdivision.

Traffic and Planning Dept.

Access Permit Application - This permit is required for access to County and Township roads in accordance with the current access management regulations. These regulations apply to new developments, significant changes to or use of existing development, and lot splits or minor subdivisions of any parcel or property.

Access Appeal Application - All applications for appeals or variances of the Lucas County Access Management Regulations shall be made on the form provided by the Board of the Lucas County Commissioners.

Bridge Dept.

Special Hauling Permit - This permit is for permission for special hauling of loads over state legal loads or posted weight limits.

The following website is not a part of the Lucas County Official Website, and Lucas County is not responsible for its content.

To get utilities marked, contact OUPS (Ohio Utilities Protection Service)
@ 1-800-362-2764 "Call Before You Dig"

Lucas County Engineer's Current Permit Log

The following web page is the current log of permits authorized by the Lucas County Engineer's Office:

Permit Log