King Road Landfill Corrective Measures Program
Invitation to Submit a Statement of Professional Qualifications
Required services include: Professional Engineering and Environmental Services for technical regulatory consulting, remedial design, remediation management and compliance reporting for the King Road Landfill Corrective Measures Program.
Interested firms are invited to submit a Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) for the above referenced services. Attached is a list of information that shall be included in your SOQ.
SOQs shall be delivered to the following address by 4:00 P.M. on March 25, 2010:
James P. Shaw, III, P.E.
Lucas County Sanitary Engineer
1111 S. McCord Road
Holland, OH 43528
SOQs received after this deadline will not be considered. Submittal must be clearly marked “Statement of Qualifications for Professional Engineering and Environmental Services for the King Road Landfill Corrective Measures Program.”
At a minimum, each firm will be evaluated based upon experience on similar projects, expertise of key professional staff, location, facilities and equipment, performance on previous Lucas County projects and references.
SOQs will be reviewed and ranked using a Qualifications Based Selection process. Firms may be required to submit a detailed proposal and/or attend an interview. Negotiations will be entered with the highest ranked firm.
The SOQ shall include the following information:
* Name of the firm, name(s) of owner(s) and address of the firm (both corporate office and location of office(s) where personnel assigned to the King Road Landfill project reside).
* History of the firm including number of years in business, additional office locations and number of employees by discipline.
* Detailed description of the engineering and environmental services including but not limited too services required for landfill evaluations; landfill remediation; corrective measures requirements, design, procedures, monitoring, testing, reporting, recordation, plan implementation, regulatory coordination and regulatory submittalsoffered by the firm.
* Description of services to be subcontracted / owned facilities / owned equipment.
* Similar projects performed by your firm in addition to experience with governmental projects – include description of the project, year performed, fee for firm’s professional services, owner contact name and phone number. Include specific landfill corrective measures projects performed by the firm in Ohio in the past 10 years.
* Background of the Project Principal, Project Manager and other key technical personnel assigned to the project team. Include resumes, various disciplines and role in the project. Include professional resumes.
* Identify similar projects active with the firm, and the ability of the project team members to be assigned to this project.
* References - provide three (minimum) references from landfill corrective measures projects including name, company/agency, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
* Describe firm’s experience with landfill remediation, permitting, and corrective actions/measures projects within the Ohio EPA’s Northwest District areaOffice in the past 10 years.
* Describe firm’s project experience with Lucas County Sanitation during the past 10 years.
* Provide information of your prior engineering, environmental services and/or construction involvement, if any, with the King Road Landfill facility
Lucas County performed a Remedial Investigation / Feasibility Study (RI/FS) of the King Road Landfill under a Director’s Final Findings and Orders on Consent with the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency. The RI Report (February 1996) and FS Report (October 2002) were used to create the draft Preferred Plan issued by the Ohio EPA on April 16, 2009. The Preferred Plan will be used to form the basis of the Record of Decision, to be issued by the Ohio EPA sometime in 2010. Thereafter, Lucas County and the Ohio EPA will enter into a new Final Findings and Orders for the Correction Measures portion of the program. Lucas County is seeking the services of a professional engineering and environmental science firm to assist them during the corrective measures program. Anticipated services include:
* Technical review of the draft Preferred Plan and Record of Decision, guidance to the County regarding technical issues, and negotiations with Ohio EPA;
* Assist the County with corrective measures planning, including preparation of budgets, schedules, soil borrow strategies, and pursuit of grant dollars;
* Corrective measures design and permitting;
* Landfill design services;
* Ohio EPA regulatory compliance, monitoring, reporting and permitting;
* Compliance with required regulatory documentation of materials, alterations and field activities;
* Health & safety plan development and implementation;
* Groundwater, explosive gas and surface water management and monitoring plans implementation;
* Remediation/construction management assistance services;
* Preparation of bid documents including engineering drawings and specifications;
* Remediation construction quality assurance;
* Field services, including surveying and construction materials testing; and
* Professional engineering certification.
Please direct questions to the following individuals:
Kevin Aller, P.E., Assistant Sanitary Engineer (419) 213-2926; e-mail
Jim Shaw III, P.E., Sanitary Engineer (419) 213-2926; e-mail
The solicitation of Statements of Qualifications in no way constitutes any commitment by the County to award any professional contracts to any firm(s), to pay for any costs incurred in preparation of a response or interview, or accept any other acts on the part of respondents to procure a contract for services. The selection and decisions by the County is not subject to any appeal or action by any of the respondents.