|The Lucas County Commissioners may contract for professional services during 2011, 2012, and 2013 on projects initiated by the Lucas County Engineer’s Office.|
The Lucas County Engineer utilizes a quality-based method of evaluation during consultant selection. Any person or firm engaged in the practice of engineering and registered as a professional engineer or surveyor in Ohio, interested in furnishing professional services, must submit a Statement of Qualifications to Keith G. Earley, Lucas County Engineer, One Government Center, Suite 870, Toledo, Ohio 43604-2258. The submittal should be marked “Statement of Qualifications”.
The Statement of Qualifications will be used to pre-qualify firms for potential professional services. Firms will be categorized according to their qualifications. Interested firms should include a cover letter indicating which of the following categories for which they wish to be evaluated: non-complex and complex Roadway design, non-complex and complex Bridge design, non-complex and complex Signal design and studies, Geo-technical Engineering, Environmental Engineering and assessments, Storm Drainage design, or Land Surveying.
If you are currently pre-qualified with the Ohio Department of Transportation you will be considered pre-qualified with Lucas County.
The Statement of Qualifications should include the following:
1) For categories not included by ODOT or for those not pre-qualified with ODOT, proof of competence and experience to perform professional services for each category that pre-qualification is requested;
2) Sample listing of projects with project explanation, current listing of governmental projects and type of services being rendered, and contact person for verification;
3) Evidence of professional liability insurance and amount;
4) History of individual or firm including information regarding main area of expertise and main or branch office locations;
5) Description of facilities and equipment;
6) Education, training, and experience of owners, principals, and project managers that would provide the potential services for the requested categories; and
7) Current status of “Certificate of Authorization” from the State of Ohio to practice engineering or surveying.
Once the Statement of Qualifications is received and evaluated, an acknowledgment letter will be forwarded showing the categories for which pre-qualification status has been granted.
When the Lucas County Engineer is in need of services for a project or program, all pre-qualified individuals or firms in that specific project category will be notified.
The issuance of this public announcement in no way constitutes any commitment by the Board of Lucas County Commissioners to award any professional contracts, to pay for any costs incurred in preparation of a response to this announcement, or accept any other acts on the part of respondents to procure or contract for services.
By order of the Board of County Commissioners of Lucas County, Ohio
Adopted June 14, 2011
Published Tuesday, July 19th and July 26th in The Toledo Blade
|7/19/2011 12:00 AM
|8/2/2011 11:59 PM