The Ohio Revised Code, under Sections 3113.33 through 3113.39 authorizes the collection of funds to be dispersed to those shelters that provide aid for the victims of domestic violence. In accordance with further provisions of these sections of the Code, the Lucas County Board of Commissioners is requesting applications from potential shelter providers for the funds collected. The funds are to be dispersed for 2014 shelter operations.
To qualify as a provider, applicants must provide:
1. Evidence that the shelter is a nonprofit organization.
2. Corporation trustees.
3. Proposed budget for the shelter for the following year.
4. Summary of services to be provided.
5. An estimate of the number of persons to be served.
6. Applicants must receive at least 25% of their funding from other sources.
Application forms are available in the office of the Board of County Commissioners, One Government Center, Suite 800, Toledo, Ohio 43604-2259. The forms may be picked up during business hours, 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. They must be completed and the application filed with the Board of Lucas County Commissioners by 4:30 P.M. on Monday, September 30, 2013.
BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
LUCAS COUNTY, OHIO
Carol Contrada, President
Tina Skeldon Wozniak, Commissioner
Pete Gerken, Commissioner
Published Sunday, September 1, 2013