ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
1. SEALED BIDS for the furnishing of the necessary materials and construction of MAUMEE RIVER WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT EAST PLANT WAS PUMPING MODIFICATIONS CONTRACT A – GENERAL AND MECHANICAL
CONTRACT B – ELECTRICAL FOR LUCAS COUNTY, OHIO
will be received by the Lucas County Board of Commissioners,
One Government Center, Suite 800, Toledo, Ohio 43604 until 2:00 P.M., LOCAL TIME WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 19, 2009 and at that time and place will be publicly opened and read aloud.
2. The proposed Work consists of the following improvements at the Maumee River Wastewater Treatment Plant:
This project, at the East Plant Sludge Pumping Building, is for the removal and disposal of existing WAS pumps and hydraulic controls, and for furnishing and installation of replacement constant speed WAS pumps.
3. The Bidding Documents, including Drawings and Project Manual with Specifications, are on file at the office of the consultant, ARCADIS U.S., Inc., 600 Jefferson Avenue, Suite 400, Toledo, Ohio 43604. Sets of Bidding Documents may be obtained by depositing $100.00 per set, check only, with said consultant. Deposits are non-refundable.
Checks shall be made payable to the “Lucas County Sanitary Engineer”.
4. The Board of Lucas County Commissioners reserves the right to reject any or all Bids, and to waive all informalities not involving price, time, or changes in the Work.
5. All Contractors and Subcontractors involved with the Project will, to the extent practicable, use Ohio products, materials, services, and labor in the implementation of their project. Additionally, CONTRACTOR compliance with the equal employment opportunity requirements of Ohio Administrative Code Chapter 123, the Governor's Executive Order of 1972, and Governor's Executive Order 84-9 shall be required.
6. DOMESTIC STEEL USE REQUIREMENTS AS SPECIFIED IN SECTION 153.001 OF THE REVISED CODE APPLY TO THIS PROJECT. COPIES OF SECTION 153.001 OF THE REVISED CODE CAN BE OBTAINED FROM ANY OF THE OFFICES OF THE DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES.
By Order of the Board of Lucas County Commissioners
Pete Gerken, President
Tina Skeldon Wozniak, Commissioner
Ben Konop, Commissioner
Published in the Toledo Blade on August 3, 2009