NOTICE TO BIDDERS
1) SEALED BIDS for the furnishing of the necessary materials and construction of MAUMEE RIVER WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT EAST PLANT SECONDARY CLARIFIER IMPROVEMENTS FOR LUCAS COUNTY, OHIO, will be received by the Lucas County Board of Commissioners, One Government Center, Suite 800, Toledo, Ohio 43604, until 2:00 P.M., LOCAL TIME WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2009, and at that time and place will be publicly opened and read aloud.
2) The proposed Work consists of the following improvements at the Maumee River Wastewater Treatment Plant:
This project is for furnishing and installation of replacement clarifier equipment and effluent weirs in the East Plant secondary clarifiers, and the repair of damaged areas of the clarifier’s concrete structures.
3) The Bidding Documents, including Project Manual with Specifications and Drawings, are on file at the Maumee River Wastewater Treatment Plant, 5758 North River Road, Waterville, Ohio, 43566. Sets of Bidding Documents may be obtained by depositing $75.00 per set, check only, at the facility. Checks shall be made payable to Treasurer, Lucas County. Deposits are non-refundable.
4) The Board of Lucas County Commissioners reserves the right to reject any or all Bids, and to waive all informalities not involving price, time, or changes in the Work.
5) All Contractors and Subcontractors involved with the Project will, to the extent practicable, use Ohio products, materials, services, and labor in the implementation of their project. Additionally, CONTRACTOR compliance with the equal employment opportunity requirements of Ohio Administrative Code Chapter 123, the Governor's Executive Order of 1972, and Governor's Executive Order 84-9 shall be required.
6) DOMESTIC STEEL USE REQUIREMENTS AS SPECIFIED IN SECTION 153.001 OF THE REVISED CODE APPLY TO THIS PROJECT. COPIES OF SECTION 153.001 OF THE REVISED CODE CAN BE OBTAINED FROM ANY OF THE OFFICES OF THE DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES.
By Order of the Board of Lucas County Commissioners
Pete Gerken, President
Tina Skeldon Wozniak, Commissioner
Ben Konop, Commissioner
Adopted: JULY 14, 2009
Published in the Toledo Blade on SEPTEMBER 8, 2009