ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
1. SEALED BIDS for the furnishing of the necessary materials and construction of MAUMEE RIVER WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT ODOR CONTROL IMPROVEMENTS FOR LUCAS COUNTY, OHIO, CONTRACT A – GENERAL AND MECHANICAL, CONTRACT B – ELECTRICAL, will be received by the Lucas County Board of Commissioners, One Government Center, Suite 800, Toledo, Ohio 43604 until 2:00 P.M., LOCAL TIME MONDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2009 and at that time and place will be publicly opened and read aloud.
2. The proposed Work consists of the following improvements at the Maumee River Wastewater Treatment Plant:
The furnishing and installation of two pre-packaged odor control units with required ductwork and supports; one unit for the East Primary Settling Tanks No. 1, 2, and 3, and one unit for the West Primary Settling Tank No. 1 and the East and West Influent Structures. Included also is the covering exposed odor producing sources and the rehabilitation of Biofilters.
3. The Bidding Documents, including Drawings and Project Manual with Specifications, are on file at the office of the consultant, ARCADIS U.S., Inc., 600 Jefferson Avenue, Suite 400, Toledo, Ohio 43604. Sets of Bidding Documents may be obtained by depositing $75.00 per set, check only, with said consultant. Deposits are non-refundable.
Checks shall be made payable to the “Lucas County Sanitary Engineer”.
Additional copies (in excess of one) of the Drawings and Project Manual may be purchased at a cost of $25.00 for Drawings and $50.00 for Project Manual. No refund will be allowed for the return of any additional copies.
4. The Board of Lucas County Commissioners reserves the right to reject any or all Bids, and to waive all informalities not involving price, time, or changes in the Work.
5. Davis-Bacon Wage Determination Federal Prevailing Wage Rates apply to this Project.
6. This Project is using ARRA Stimulus Funds administered through the OEPA Water Pollution Control Loan Fund (WPCLF). As such, the Project is subject to program requirements.
By Order of the Board of Lucas County Commissioners
Pete Gerken, President
Tina Skeldon Wozniak, Commissioner
Ben Konop, Commissioner
Published in the Toledo Blade October 30, 2009