Lucas County Maumee River Wastewater Treatment Plant
Invitation to Submit a Statement of Professional Qualifications
Required services include: Professional Engineering Services for wastewater process control, wastewater facility engineering, electrical maintenance, and instrumentation maintenance.
Interested firms are invited to submit a Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) for the above referenced services. Attached is a list of information that should be included in your SOQ.
SOQs should be delivered to the following address by 4:00 P.M.on November 13, 2009:
Mr. James P. Shaw, III, P.E.
Lucas County Sanitary Engineer
1111 S. McCord Road
Holland, OH 43528
SOQs received after this deadline will not be considered.
At a minimum, each firm will be evaluated based upon experience on similar projects, expertise of key professional staff, location, facilities and equipment, performance on previous Lucas County projects, and references.
SOQs will be reviewed and ranked. Firms may be required to submit a detailed proposal and/or attend an interview. Negotiations will be entered with the highest ranked firm.
Lucas County, Ohio
Maumee River Wastewater Treatment Plant
Professional Wastewater Engineering Services
The SOQ shall include the following information:
* Names of the Firm Owners and address of the firm (both corporate office and location of office where work will be completed).
* History of the firm including number of years in business, additional office locations and number of employees by discipline.
* Types of services offered / facilities / equipment.
* Similar projects designed by your Firm in addition to experience with governmental projects – include photographs, schedules, costs and owner contact name, phone number and sample detailed plans of projects.
* Background on key technical personnel assigned to the design team. Include resumes, various disciplines, role in the project and percent of total time each team member will be contributing to the project.
* Projects currently underway and ability to handle this project.
* Technical approach to the implementation of this project – Include explanation of how your personnel will interact with County employees and schedule to meet project requirements.
Lucas County may require assistance, from time to time, with wastewater professional engineering services for the Maumee River Wastewater Treatment Plant (MRWWTP) including, but not limited to, wastewater process control, wastewater facility engineering, electrical maintenance, and instrumentation maintenance. This scope of services outlines services that may need to be provided to assist the facility including providing process control engineers/O&M specialists, structural engineers, mechanical engineers, software/controls engineers, electrical engineers, software/controls technicians and/or electrical technicians on an as-needed basis. The MRWWTP Plant Manager, or his designee, shall determine when such services are needed.
Please direct questions to the following individuals:
Mike Cravens, MRWWTP Manager (419) 213-8740
Kevin Aller, P.E., Asst. Sanitary Engineer (419) 213-2926
Jim Shaw, P.E., Sanitary Engineer (419) 213-2926
BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
LUCAS COUNTY, OHIO
Pete Gerken, President
Tina Skeldon Wozniak, Commissioner
Ben Konop, Commissioner