The Lucas County Youth Treatment Center (YTC) is a secure 44-bed residential facility for felony offenders who would otherwise be committed to an Ohio Department of Youth Services (ODYS) institution.
Systems-based treatment planning focuses on:
- Correcting criminal thinking
- Promoting pro-social attitudes, values, and belief
- Addressing family patterns and relationships
- Developing socially appropriate ways to manage emotions and conflicts
- Supporting academic and vocational achievement
- Encouraging healthier lifestyle through sober and drug-free living
- Participating in restorative justice activities
A total of 942 youth have been placed at YTC since 1995. Of the 942, 828 were male and 114 were female.
Read more about YTC
in this excerpt from the 2015 Annual Report of the Lucas County Juvenile Court.
YTC DYS 2016 Annual Report
Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA):
If you are aware of or suspect alleged sexual misconduct within the Youth Treatment Center, please complete the PREA Sexual Misconduct Reporting Form
Youth Treatment Center PREA 2016 Annual Report
PREA Information - Parent and Resident Handbook
Información - Spanish PREA folleto de Información
PREA Compliance Policy