Home  |  Contact Us  |  Photo Credits
Lucas County

Go To Search
Print PageEmail PageRSS
What should I do now
What Should I do now?
Sometimes the death of a family member can be quite sudden and unexpected. This can cause you to be confused and have a number of questions. Here are some of the things you can do help the deceased at the morgue.

  • Please Contact a Funeral Home/Cremation Service.
  • Please have legal next of kin contact our office with choice of Funeral Home/Cremation Service.
  • It is NOT necessary to come to our office, unless you are requested to do so.
  • All viewings are conducted at the Funeral Home.
  • Personal effects will be with the deceased when released to the selected Funeral Home.
  • Official form of identification will be returned to the issuing agency.
  • The Death Certificate will be provided to legal next of kin by the Funeral Home.
  • Lucas County Coroner does not charge a fee for Lucas County residents whose death occurred in Lucas County.