Dog License Agent
- Submit a Surety Bond – Minimum ONE YEAR, $5,000.00 bond which covers 2 boxes of 100 dog licenses. If more boxes of licenses are needed, please increase your bond by $2,500.00 for each additional box needed. Tag deliveries will only be made once weekly, on your scheduled reconciliation day, so please plan accordingly.
- The Lucas County Dog Licensing Agent Agreement must be completed in its entirety, signed, dated, and submitted to the Auditor’s office.
- Dog Licenses, key fobs, handwritten applications, and key rings will be delivered the last week in November. The Lucas County Auditor’s representative will request that you sign a Dog License Distribution Form each time licenses are delivered, confirming the number and range of dog licenses you are receiving.
- Dog Licenses are sold in numerical order. Applications must be kept in order and according to the Dog License number.
- Dog License Applications are to be filled in completely with no missing information. View the guide to completing a dog license application and/or the guide to completing a renewal form.
- Vendors now have the option to enter dog licenses online by registering first. Once registered, login to begin entering dog licenses online.
- Dog Licenses are $25.00 per the O.R.C 955: Dogs from December 1, 2016 through January 31, 2017.
- After the deadline, a late fee of $25.00 will be applied to the dog license fee starting February 1, 2017.
- Starting July 1, 2017 fees are prorated depending on the age of the dog or if the dog came from out of state. Review the fee sheet.
- Vendors may charge $0.75 per application, NOT per tag.
- The Lucas County Auditor’s representative will reconcile at your location and will request that you sign the Dog Licensing Reconciliation Statement confirming the series of tags sold and the amount of money collected.
- Vendors will be billed by email based on the Dog License Reconciliation Statement.
- If a tag or application is missing, a poster will be placed in the front entrance and/or in a visible location (i.e. on a window or door). The vendor must cease selling tags unless the missing tag or application is found within 48 to 72 hours.
- During the first week of November 2017, a representative from the Lucas County Auditor’s office will collect all the remaining tags, key fobs, handwritten applications, and key rings.
You may register now as a vendor by completing the online dog licensing agent agreement
For any questions or concerns, contact the Auditor’s office at (419) 213-4443.