On Tuesday June 18, 2013, join the Lucas Soil & Water Conservation District, Ohio Department of Natural Resources, among others for The Costal Climate Change Adaptation & Resilience Workshop. Planners and professionals addressing land use, public health, storm water, watersheds, economic development, emergency preparedness, sustainability, agriculture, ports and natural resources are invited to attend the event.
The workshop will include:
- Basic climate science.
- Regional climate trends.
- Potential climate change impacts.
- Planning processes and tools to help communities adapt to climate change and coastal hazards.
- Great Lakes Coastal Resilience Planning Guide - Learn what’s in the guide and how it can be used. Provide input to help shape this new planning resource.
- Learn how communities and habitat managers are adapting to a changing climate in the Western Lake Erie Basin and beyond.
- Communication and education techniques to support individual and community climate action.
- Opportunity to network with other communities and organizations.
If you have questions, contact the Lucas Soil & Water Conservation District at 419-893-1966 ext) 5.