|The Lucas County Juvenile Justice Center main entrance is on Spielbusch Avenue|
NOTICE - JUVENILE COURT IS TEMPORARILY UNABLE TO ACCEPT ONLINE PAYMENTS AT THIS TIME. IF YOU NEED TO MAKE AN ONLINE PAYMENT, PLEASE CALL THE JUVENILE CLERK'S OFFICE AT (419) 213-6722.
Hours of Operation
The Juvenile Justice Center Building is open Monday through Friday - 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Legal holidays (as provided by law) are observed, during which time the Juvenile Justice Center Building will be closed to the public.
The Juvenile Clerk's Office is open Monday through Friday - 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Legal holidays (as provided by law) are observed, during which time the Juvenile Clerk's Office will be closed to the public. For Clerk's Office assistance please call (419) 213-6722.
Juvenile Traffic Court is held every Friday at 8:00 am.
Court sessions run from 8:30 am to 11:30 am and 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm. Judges or Magistrates may schedule hearings at other times at their discretion.
Information you may need before you come to Court -Courthouse Guide: Delinquency
Juvenile Detention Center Visitation Schedule
- Visitation with resident youth takes place on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays (except on federal legal holidays)
- Only Parents/Legal Guardians are permitted to visit during regular visitation hours.
- Special visits (with resident youth's siblings or children) can be requested by the resident youth and are granted by administrative approval.
- The first letter of the resident youth's last name determines visitation hours.
- Visitors for youth with last names starting from A to K must sign in between 5:30 pm and 5:45 pm. Visitation will take place from 6:00 pm to 6:30 pm.
- Visitors for youth with last names starting from L to Z must sign in between 6:15 pm and 6:30 pm. Visitation will take place from 6:45 pm to 7:15 pm.
- All visitors must present a valid photo I.D. at the time of each visit.
- If you sign in late, your visitation may be denied.
Youth Treatment Center Visitation Schedule
- Visitation for residents housed on Teal and Yellow Units takes place on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:15 pm to 6:00 pm.
- Approved visitors must be present by 5:00 pm
- Visitation for residents housed on Red and Blue Units takes place on Tuesday and Thursdays from 6:30 pm to 7:15 pm.
- Approved visitors must be present by 6:15 pm
- All visitors must be on the resident's approved visitors list, and must provide valid identification at the time of visit.
Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA): If you are aware of or suspect alleged sexual misconduct, please complete the PREA Sexual Abuse, Sexual Assault, or Sexual Harassment Reporting Form.
PREA Information - Parent and Resident Handbook
PREA Información - Spanish PREA folleto de Información
2017 Final PREA Audit Report - 2017 PREA Audit Report
U.S. Department of Agriculture policy - Justice for All Information
Initiatives and Reform: JDAI 2018 Annual Report
Need legal information, forms or a lawyer?
Ohio Legal Help is a nonprofit organization that was founded in 2018 to help all Ohioans access the civil justice system.
Lucas County Juvenile Court will be awarded $14,980 from the Ohio Supreme Court to improve digital visitation abilities. Read on...
'We run very safe facilities': Lucas Co. juvenile detention bucks state average of reported sex abuse Additional Info...
Partially filmed in Lucas County Juvenile Court, 'Raised in the System' features youth and young adults sharing their stories of the impact the juvenile justice system had on their lives. Read on...