Notifying the Public of Rights under Title VI
- The Lucas County Engineer’s Office operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or low-income status in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and its related statutes. Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with the Lucas County Engineer’s Office. All complaints are considered formal. Complaints must be submitted in writing and signed by complainant.
- For more information on the Lucas County Engineer’s Office civil rights program and the procedures to file a complaint, contact the Title VI Coordinator, Josie Smith, at (419) 213-2860; email email@example.com; or visit our administrative office at 1049 S. McCord Road, Holland, OH 43528. For more information, visit www.co.lucas.oh.us/engineer.
- A complainant may file a complaint directly with:
Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
Office of Civil Rights, Attention: Title VI Program Coordinator
1200 New Jersey Avenue SE
Washington, DC 20590
Ohio Department of Transportation
Office of Equal Opportunity, Attention: Title VI Program Manager
1980 W. Broad Street, Mail Stop 3270
Columbus, OH 43223
- Filing Deadlines: Complaints must be filed no later than 180 days after: 1) The date of the alleged act of discrimination; 2) The date when the person(s) became aware of the alleged discrimination; or 3) Where there has been a continuing course of conduct, the date on which the conduct was discontinued.
- If information is needed in another language, contact Josie Smith at (419) 213-2860 or firstname.lastname@example.org.