According to the Ohio Revised Code (ORC) Section 3750.03(B), all prospective members must submit an application and a brief resume of qualifications to the Board of County Commissioners for nomination to the LEPC. Once nominated, potential membership applications are sent to the State Emergency Response Commission (SERC). Upon review and approval new members will receive an appointment to the LEPC. Members serve a two year term.
The LEPC is comprised of the following groups. Representation is required from the first twelve groups.
1) Elected Officials-State and/or Local
2) Law Enforcement
3) Fire Departments
4) Lucas County Emergency Management Agency
5) Paramedics, Red Cross
6) Health Department
7) Local Environmental Groups
11) Community Groups
12) Facility Owners/Operators
13) Other members as designated and approved